Yields 4 Cups
- 1 pound dry Garbanzo Beans, soaked overnight in cold water or can use 5 (15 oz cans) garbonzo beans
- 6 cloves fresh garlic, peeled & chopped
- 1/2 cup Tahini Sauce
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil and more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp Sumac (for garnish)
- 2 sprigs Fresh Mint for garnish
- Place garbonzo beans into a pot of cold water and cover with pot with a lid and soak overnight to rehydrate beans
- (If you are using canned beans, proceed to next step, no soaking needed)
- The next day, place soaked bean on stove over medium high and cook until soft (about 40 minutes), save 1/2 cup of beans for later use
- After beans are soft, remove from stove and drain the beans, saving 1 cup of the bean liquid
- Place beans into a food processor with the garlic and process well
- Next, add in the lemon juice, salt, tahini, and puree ingredients until very smooth. If mixture is dry, add in some additional reserved liquid.
- Transfer the hummus onto a serving plate or platter. Spead out the hummus in swirl pattern for presentation.
- Sprinkle the top of hummus with Sumac and also drizzle top with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Garnish with fresh mint.
- Enjoy hummus with your favorite Rustic Bakery flatbread or flatbread bites.