- 1 box of your favorite Rustic Bakery Flatbread Crackers (we really like the Rosemary Flatbread Crackers for this)
- 2 oz prosciutto, sliced thin
- 8 oz wheel of Mt Tam cheese, sliced
Savory Fig Jam (or use your favorite jam if you don't want to make fresh)
- 1 pound fresh figs, de-stemmed & halved
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 Shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested (reserve some zest for topping if desired)
- 1 tsp. Fresh Thyme, minced
- Pinch of sea salt
- Make fig jam: In a food processor or blender, add your figs with 2 tablespoons water and blend until a thick and smooth consistency forms. The more you process the thinner the jam will be, so for nice chunks,process just to combine ingredients.
- Add fig mixture to a sauce pan with minced shallots, then add in sugar, lemon juice and zest of a lemon with salt. Reduce everything down for about an hour, at medium-low heat, until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture has thickened significantly and turned into a jam! Set aside in a container and let cool, then place in the fridge.
- On top of your Rustic Bakery flatbread, add a slice of prosciutto, then a slice of Mt. Tam cheese, and top with a dollop of fig jam, season with salt & pepper, Serve!
- Optional: Top with fresh thyme and some lemon zest